REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN JUNG CLEVELAND PROGRAMMING. (Aug. 9, 2013)
A Series of Classes Held on Six Monday Nights from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at The First Unitarian Church of Cleveland in Shaker Heights.
Dates: A series of six Monday evenings – 9/23/13, 9/30/13, 10/7/13, 10/28/13, 11/4/13, 12/2/13
Cost: $270 for non-members, $240 for members for the series. Registration is necessary as only 6 spots are available.
CEUs: 9.0 CEUs are available for participants who complete the entire series for an additional $45. 1.5 CEUs are available for each session.
Our inner wisdom speaks to each of us in a unique and individual way through our dreams. The messages are specific – broadening our awareness and correcting imbalances. They are evidence of a purposeful knowing and guiding self. This class will explore concepts of Jungian Analytical Psychology as they emerge from our work with personal dream material.
About the Presenter:
Jody Wainer is a Licensed Independent Social Worker and a Jungian Analyst. She has been in private practice since 1996. She is the past president of Jung Cleveland. Ms. Wainer is interested in increasing the visibility and understanding of Jungian thought and the support it can offer to our lives.
September 23, 2013
Review the Concept of Associative Dreaming
- Identify importance of confidentiality – respect and integrity to the process
- Identify the nature and importance of the “field” created in dream group
- Explore the nature of the analytic third-unconscious amalgam
September 30, 2013
Identify Objective and Subjective Levels Within the Dream
- Integrate work with both the objective and subjective levels of the dream
- Recognizing the value of the objective: outside in the so-called real world
- Recognizing the value of the subjective: inner subjective states and complexes
October 7, 2013
Importance and Nature of Reverie
- Explore the way in which spontaneity invites the unconscious to express itself
- Recognize the dream as a purposeful communication
- Develop an attitude of curiosity and unknowing
October 28, 2013
Integration of Knowledge, Skills, Attitudes and Values
- Experience the value of a reciprocal relationship and dialectic with the unconscious
- Increase trust of one's own knowledge, insights and intuitions
- Strengthen the ability to stay with one’s own process and that of another person
November 4, 2013
Explore How Group Process Deepens Engagement with Dream Material
- Revisit how Associative Dreaming invites a felt sense of the dream material
- Experience how inner material can be engaged as one might in active imagination
- Examine how this process might reflect something of the interactive field
December 2, 2013
Closure and Feedback
- Assess achievement of goals and objectives for the class
- Explore dream material as a vehicle for closure of the group process
Please email email@example.com for more information. Thank you for your interest in this exciting Jung Cleveland series!