A Series of Classes Held on Four Thursday Nights from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at The First Unitarian Church in Shaker Heights
Dates: A series of four Thursdays – 1/14, 2/11, 3/11 & 4/29
Time: Each session will start at 6:30 p.m. and end at 8 p.m.
Cost: $160 Members | $180 for Non-Members
Event Summary: Our inner wisdom speaks to each of us in a unique and individual way through our dreams. The messages are specific, broadening our awareness and correcting imbalances. They are evicence of a teaching, purposeful knowing and guiding Self. Indtroduces the foundational Dream concepts of Jungian Analytical Psychology.
- Participants will bring their dreams, dream fragments and dream images. As a group, we will explore and reflect on the rich treasures within.
- Participants will be working from the book, Dreams: A Portal to the Source, written by Edward C. Whitmont and Sylvia Printon Perera.
- Each session will include a didactic presentation based on the book and an experiential opportunity to work with personal dream material.
January 14, Exploration of the Language Dreams
- Goal to understand Image, Allegory, Symbols, and Rebus as they appear in dreams
February 11, Exploration of the Situation As It Is
- Goal to understand the dream-ego and developmental possibilities through dream work
March 11, How The Dream Field: Association, Explanation, Amplification
- Goal to work with and understand how the meaning of the dream is revealed within the dream field
April 29, Compensation and Complementation: Object and Subject Levels
- Goal to develop an awareness of these aspects of the dream through identifying them and working with them experientially
About the Presenters:
Barbara Friedman is a Jungian analyst, licensed psychologist and addictions counselor with over thirty years of clinical experience. She is a founding member of Jung Cleveland and has a private practice in Cleveland Heights, Ohio.
Jody Wainer is a Jungian analyst and Licensed Independent Social Worker. She has been in private practice since 1996. She is the former president of Jung Cleveland. Ms. Wainer is interested in increasing the visibility and understanding of Jungian thought and the support it can offer to our lives.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.